- Established since 1983, CAAL has been serving Chinese American interests in Lexington since the 1980s. With the influx of Chinese families to town in recent years, CAAL has worked to increase our social and political profile in the community in the following areas: make a difference in Lexington civic life, share culture heritage, support school and education, promote community service and give back, provide social and networking opportunities and advocate for social justice and equality。
- CAAL has been increasingly involved in many aspects of town affairs, including elected Town Meeting, town-wide officials, elected Board representation and participated in various town committees.
- In 2011, the CAAL Community Task Force (CTF) was founded to advance civic involvement。
- In 2013, CAAL became a recognized tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3).
- In early 2017, the CAAL Political Action Committee (PAC) was created as a separate entity to focus on local politics and elections.
Chinese American Association of Lexington (CAAL) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and has been proudly serving Lexington and the Chinese-American community for the past four decades since 1983.
CAAL has been actively serving Lexington in the following areas: making a difference in Lexington civic life, sharing Chinese culture and heritage, supporting schools and education, promoting community service, advocating for social justice and equality, and providing social and networking opportunities, and
With the rapid influx of Chinese families, CAAL has doubled its efforts to work with the town, the school system and a host of community organizations. Most recently CAAL has undertaken an epic $280,000 Covid relief campaign for the Lexington community and beyond. CAAL was also known for its massive “CAAL for Cary fundraising of $75,000”. CAAL has been recognized as the most impactful town level community organization in the US!
Among the many events CAAL organized, Lunar New Year celebration is our tradition of decades. Known as the best party in town, it draws hundreds of in-person participants, to tens of thousands of online audiences.
CAAL’s other tradition include Candidate Forum where we invite town wide candidates to meet with the community. CAAL continues to encourage Chinese Americans to participate town government and engage in civic activities. There are more and more Chinese Americans stepping up to run Town Meeting and participating various town committees. As of 2022, there are 16 Chinese American Town Meeting members, and 30 Chinese Americans joined various town committees
In 2022, CAAL has worked with the town and various organizations on a series of celebration events for the May AAPI Heritage Month to promote AAPI history, art, food, and a cultural festival. The 5K Run/walk on Memorial Day May 30th attracted over 500 runners to run for unity, solidarity and belonging. The Asian Music Festival CAAL organized with New Moon International was attended by closed to a thousand residents.
- 成立于1983， CAAL 在莱克星敦镇的历史可追溯到上世纪八十年代。随着大量华裔家庭搬入莱镇，CAAL 的成员人数也日益增多，CAAL也不断增强对地方政治和文化上的影响, 包括：参与社区管理，传播中国文化，支持学校与教育，提供义工服务平台，提供社交机会， 关注社会正义与平等。
- CAAL近年来积极参与镇的管理，包括竞选镇议会, 镇董事会和其他管理席位。也有越来越多的成员参与各社区委员会的运作。
- 2011年CAAL 成立了社区参与委员会鼓励成员参与镇事务。
- CAAL于2013 年正式转型为非营利组织501(c)(3)。
- 2017年，我们又成立了CAAL PAC 作为CAAL 的政治分支积极参与地方政治和选举。