Event: Chinese Culture Day
When: 1:30 – 4:00 pm on Saturday, January 14, 2017
Where: Cary Memorial Library. 1874 Massachusetts Ave, Lexington, MA 02420
The Cary Memorial Library and Chinese American Association of Lexington (CAAL) are very pleased to host the 2nd Chinese Culture Day in the Cary Library from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm on Saturday, January 14, 2017. This year, Chinese Lunar New Year of 4714 – the year of Rooster, falls on January 28, 2017. Chinese New Year is also called Spring Festival by Chinese.
There will be five main celebration activities to ring in the year of Rooster. They include:
- Dragon Parade accompanied by Chinese traditional percussion.
- Chinese traditional costume show. Live Chinese instrumental music and ethnic dance. Sampling of Chinese tea and snacks.
- Hands-on Chinese Art and Crafts.
- Cooking demonstration and tasting of Chinese dumplings and spring rolls usually served during Chinese New Year.
- Story-telling for young children.
Activity Schedule and Location
|Dragon Parade||Throughout the Library||1:45 – 2:00|
|Chinese Costume Show, Music, Dance, Tea and Snacks||Main Stairs and Atrium||2:00; 3:00|
|Chinese Art and Crafts||Teen Room||1:45 – 4:00On-going|
|Dumpling & Spring Roll Making and Tasting||Large Meeting Room||2:30- 3:00|
|Story Telling||Small Meeting Room||2:30; 3:30|
As part of the Chinese New Year celebration, CAAL is also co-sponsoring with the Community Endowment of Lexington an evening of award-winning performances presented by Angel Dance Company on 2/18/2017.